[LON-CAPA-admin] Need Stats - REALLY

Nathan Schoenack nathan.schoenack at ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Jul 30 10:03:53 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: lon-capa-admin-admin at mail.lon-capa.org
[mailto:lon-capa-admin-admin at mail.lon-capa.org]On Behalf Of Gerd
Kortemeyer
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 8:49 AM
To: LON-CAPA Admin
Subject: [LON-CAPA-admin] Need Stats - REALLY

Approximately 900 students (six classes) were using LON-CAPA this last
semester, up to 750 students (four classes) will be using this Fall.  Do you
want more detailed information than that, Gerd?  I haven't seen our
classlists, but there is probably some more exact information that I can get
a hold of.

Otherwise, if there's some stats I can mine from our servers, I'm more than
willing to do it, but I don't know how.

Nathan

Hi All,

I keep on saying this, but don't get many replies. To compete with
other initiatives, we absolutely have to document LON-CAPA usage. This
was underlined by a statement from our administration this morning:

"Having a couple of other LON-CAPA users to bolster LON-CAPA's claims
to be a mature and useable product would be a key, I think, to an
effective story."

Please

* provide me with as detailed as possible usage statistics from your
institution
* see if you can make presentations and internal communications within
your institution
* provide homepages for LON-CAPA at your institution

I am collecting these at http://www.lon-capa.org/institutions.html

Thanks!

- Gerd.