[LON-CAPA-admin] Insecure dependency error when trying to create Authors

Lindsay Wicomb wicombl at pentech.ac.za
Thu Jul 29 09:47:46 EDT 2004

Hi.

I've been struggling for about two weeks now, trying to get Loncapa to
create Authors on both Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 2.  It seems to be
creating the Users in Linux,  but when I try to login with the account,
authentication fails.

I've located the problem in the lond_errors log,  where it complains about
an:

"Insecure dependency in system while running setuid at
/home/httpd/perl/lcuseradd 285"
"Insecure dependency in system while running setuid at
/home/httpd/perl/lchtmldir in line 292".

I ran a google search on the error and found the problem is related to Taint
mode.

Can anyone provide me with a solution or perhaps refer to me what I might be
doing incorrectly.  I've probably ran through the installation about five
times already and I'm pretty sure everything is okay.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.