[LON-CAPA-admin] Max "simultaneous" logins?

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Thu Feb 26 22:58:36 EST 2004

Hi Todd,

There is no hard limit on simultaneous logins.

Regarding server load, please check out

http://www.lon-capa.org/userload.html

- that is a very comparable machine to yours, only that it uses a
separate library server. At 120 simultaneous logins, it has a load of
1.4, which is far less than what we would consider 100 percent.

If you could let me know the exact days and times that this happened, I
can have a look at the logs on the monitoring server to see what the
actual load on your machine was.

The logs you might want to analyze on your machine are

  /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonnet.log
  /home/httpd/perl/logs/lond.log

to see what might have happened.

- Gerd.