[LON-CAPA-admin] Server hung

Richard Hoskins hoskins at mail.psc.sc.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:26:16 EST 2004

Hi,

At USC we have had the same symptoms.  We originally thought it was a
hardware issue and replaced a harddrive and controller card because we
saw I/O errors.  We still get this problem from time to time and the
only way to correct it is to power the computer down and backup again.
 Now our logs show nothing but it will still hang.  Today the machine
hung and would not display the webpage.  When I tried to look at the
processes running it would hang on the request.

Richard Hoskins