[LON-CAPA-admin] access server installation

Nathan Schoenack nathan.schoenack at ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Feb 12 12:05:19 EST 2004

Hi,

I forgot to mention that if I try to tell the installer where the cdrom is
at the boot prompt (boot: linux hdc=cdrom), it ends up in a kernel panic.
Same goes for hda, hdb, hdd.  The hard drive is set to 'master' and is on
the primary IDE.  The cdrom is set to 'master' and is on the secondary IDE.

If I go into the BIOS, the Drive Configuration shows that the Hard drive is
on the primary master, and the cdrom is on the Secondary master.

Nathan Schoenack
Lab Technician
Physics Department
North Dakota State University