[LON-CAPA-admin] change username

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:37:09 EST 2004

Hi Mark,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 lucasm at ohiou.edu wrote:

> Lars,
>
> The username is the fundamental database entry. It defines a directory by
> that name under which all of the student entries are filed.
>
> I'm not sure how many other places the username is cross-referenced, so
> I'm not sure what would happen if you created a new student and then moved
> all the information. (I can hear Gerd and Guy screaming in pain as I
> type this 8) )
>
> Most certainly, the classlist will need to have one student removed and
> the other added. There are probably a number of other places that the
> username gets tucked away.
>
> Hmm ... The randomization for a student will also change.
> Is this a middle of the quarter change?

No - I just wanted to get a newly registered student going before I get
the "official" username from the college. My plan was to make up a
username and change it when I get the official one.

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen/