[LON-CAPA-admin] change username

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:29:11 EST 2004

Lars,

The username is the fundamental database entry. It defines a directory by
that name under which all of the student entries are filed.

I'm not sure how many other places the username is cross-referenced, so
I'm not sure what would happen if you created a new student and then moved
all the information. (I can hear Gerd and Guy screaming in pain as I
type this 8) )

Most certainly, the classlist will need to have one student removed and
the other added. There are probably a number of other places that the
username gets tucked away.

Hmm ... The randomization for a student will also change.
Is this a middle of the quarter change?

Later,
Mark