[LON-CAPA-admin] Freeze versions - DOCS

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Tue Aug 31 21:30:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Aug 31, 2004, at 8:04 PM, lucasm at ohiou.edu wrote:

> There is a 'freeze versions' button in the DOCS area. I haven't tried
> this
> yet, but I was wondering what exactly is frozen. Is it only the
> published
> documents that are input directly into the DOCS tree?

No, it should work for all resources in the course.

>  I'm presuming there is no way to freeze versions of published problems
> that themselves are part of a published sequence.

They should be "frozen," too. What happens is that there is a
database-file within the course space which stores the versions of the
files you want - it does not rewrite the sequences and folders.

>  For example, I publish
> all homework sequences (assign1, assign2, ...) and then glue these into
> DOCS. This way the assignments can be used in later quarters as good
> hunting grounds for problems.

... hmm, I don't understand this strategy.

>  Would the problems in these assignments be
> frozen?

I think so, with the exception of possible bugs.

- Gerd.