[LON-CAPA-admin] update to 1.1.99.5 didn't work!

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Aug 24 11:07:45 EDT 2004

Hi Nathan,

> I've always seen this stuff above. (and on my other machines)  It's the
> message below that is new.
>
> > [Mon Aug 23 16:35:41 2004] [error] Can't find string terminator "`"
> anywhere
> > before EOF at /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/lonindexer.pm line
> > 209.!

Well that is a perl parsing error on this file.

Basically perl is saying some syntax is wrong in that file.

Feel free to take a look at it, but my guess is either
1) the tarfile had issues
2) the untarring process had issues
3) the copy of the file from the install dir to the destentation dir
had issues

And by issues I mean the file was corrupted in the copying process.

BTW, I higly suggest running e2fsck with the -c option (it does a non
destructive read test on all of the blocks on the system.)

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-