[LON-CAPA-admin] Change of IP address

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Sep 24 15:17:20 EDT 2003

Hi Lars,

> We need to change IP address on schubert this week, and I was wondering
> which files I need to edit to acomplish this.

/home/httpd/lonTabs/hosts.tab

/etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth0 (but you could use
redhat-config-network instead)

> I'm assume this means that we can't browse external resourses,

Only resources that aren't already replicated onto your machine.

> am using the /res/msu/mmp/phy231c.sequence for my algebra based physics
> course. Is there some way that we can coordinate the IP change with msu,
> so there's no delay in accessing your resources?

If you have accessed the resource in the past you already have a copy
of it on your machine and you will be fully able to see and/or answer
any resources on the machine immaterial of the current status of the
connection to MSU.

You only need the connection to MSU if you are trying to see a
resource for the first time.

But if you would like to please contact Stuart Raeburn
(raeburn at msu.edu) to setup when would be best for both of you to do
the update.
--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-6-