[LON-CAPA-admin] Grades

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:14:56 EST 2003

Hi,

Okay, guys, what's the 'simple' mode for getting out the percentage of
points.

The spreadsheet is looking at 9 seconds per student for 240 students.
That happens.

In chart, we can select score  and all assignments and get a html
page, but the score sums are left off the cvs output, and the excel output
is crashing.

We can output the score and total for each assignment and then build it
ourselves in a spreadsheet.

Is there a simpler, quicker scheme to get name, earned points, and total
available points in a single csv file?

On an aside, can time savings be made with the spreadsheet if a default
sheet is created that is stripped down to the absolute minimum amount of
stuff? What is the main time sink in the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701