[LON-CAPA-admin] XP machine slow on the uptake of images

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Mon Nov 3 19:37:27 EST 2003

Hi Mark,

> I'm at Ball State helping Thom get his server up and running. His XP
> desktop is so slow at loading the images for the remote (the lonhttpd
> served graphics as far as I can tell) that the remote times out.

That is odd I haven't seen that before.

> Is there an Internet Explorer configuration that would affect this?
> An internal firewal or something that would slow down traffic coming in on
> a different port?

If you want, you can modify the 'lonHttpdPort' value in
/etc/httpd/loncapa_apache.conf to be set instead of to 8080 to 80.

Then it should get the images from the apache server rather than the
addon image server.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-3-