[LON-CAPA-admin] grub update

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Mon Mar 17 01:40:31 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 10:03:31PM -0800, Lars Jensen wrote:
> When I install a new kernel with rpm -hiv, the grub.conf file is
> automatically updated to contain the info for the new kernel, but the
> old kernel remains the default. I want to edit the default= setting in
> grub.conf to point to the new kernel, and re-run grub with the newly
> edited grub.conf. How do I do this? (On debian, I have the update-grub
> command - I'm looking for the equivalent for redhat.)

You do not need to do anything else (other than changing the default line
in grub.conf).

Regards,
Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6