[LON-CAPA-admin] grub update

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Mon Mar 17 01:03:31 EST 2003

When I install a new kernel with rpm -hiv, the grub.conf file is
automatically updated to contain the info for the new kernel, but the
old kernel remains the default. I want to edit the default= setting in
grub.conf to point to the new kernel, and re-run grub with the newly
edited grub.conf. How do I do this? (On debian, I have the update-grub
command - I'm looking for the equivalent for redhat.)

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen