[LON-CAPA-admin] Dynamic Plots on Debian

Matthew Brian Hall hallmat3 at pilot.msu.edu
Wed Jun 25 20:01:15 EDT 2003

Todd,

It would be more useful to send us the error message listed in
/var/httpd/error_log

The plot.gif script should be the stock loncapa one.  Most likely
this is a gnuplot error.  When gnuplot barfs it does so in the
http error log.

Possibly (likely) yours does not have gif support.

Someday we'll move to another plotting solution and not have to deal
with this issue.  (don't let me get started)

Matthew

> Guy,
>
> I am making progress on this. . .
>
> I did the below, restarted both loncontrol and httpd.  Now I get this
> when I try to view the image separately:
>
> The image
> "http://poisson.mines.edu/cgi-bin/plot.gif?file=truskell_csmTodd_1056580683_27
86645_plot.data&output=gif" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         hallmat3 at msu.edu
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University