[LON-CAPA-admin] 0.6.1 update problem

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Thu Jan 23 09:09:31 EST 2003

Martin,

Indeed, it looks like the problem is connected with localauth.pm and ckid.pm,
the local routines used for the portal authentication at SFU. It looks like
our installation routine overwrote your local implementation of localauth.pm
(it should not!!!), as indicated by

Can't locate localauth.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/httpd/lib/perl/
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /home/httpd/perl/lond line 79.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/httpd/perl/lond line 79.

- "compilation aborted" means that lond did not even start, which is what we
saw. Sorry for that.

Next time, to work around what we are doing to your box, please put your
current localauth.pm and ckid.pm someplace safe (they should be in
/home/httpd/lib/perl/), run the install, and put your backup copies back into
place after the install.

- Gerd.