[LON-CAPA-admin] 0.6.1 update problem

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Wed Jan 22 16:09:12 EST 2003

Hi Martin,

Martin Siegert wrote:

> Actually, we reverted back to 0.6 yesterday evening. Thus, the report
> you are seeing now is from loncapa-0.6. We had to do something yesterday
> in order to get going again.
>
> We will try 0.6.1 sometime in the future again when we have a large
> window within which we do not disturb any running courses.
>
> I just emailed the report from yesterday (the same that is still hold in
> moderation) to Matthew and Guy.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ... the whole LITE Lab is only slowly recovering
from Reno ...

So, we reviewed the status report you emailed. It turns out that the lond daemon
was not running - lond must have crashed on startup. Since you did try
/etc/init.d/loncontrol restart, it must reproducably crash.

The odd thing is that both 0.6 and 0.6.1 ship with the same version of lond,
namely 1.103:

/home/httpd/perl/lond:# $Id: lond,v 1.103 2002/10/30 14:50:04 www Exp $

We just untarred the 0.6.1 tarball to make sure ... lond did not change between
releases ...

Could you please email

/home/httpd/perl/logs/lond_errors

to the list?