[LON-CAPA-admin] Gnuplot rpm? Where?

Scott Harrison sharrison at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 3 19:57:58 EST 2003

Hi Lars,

> What is the link to the rpm's used by lon-capa? -I can never find it on
> the install.lon-capa.org web site. (I assume I can find the right
> gnuplot rpm there??)

If you want to Download Helpful Resources for LON-CAPA, then:
* visit http://install.lon-capa.org/
* click on "Download"
* click on "Helpful resources for LON-CAPA"

The idea here is that people follow the "RedHat 7.3 Step by Step Instructions".

As far as, in the future, dealing with situations when the instructions
are not being followed, I am trying to add diagnostic lists of:
* RPMs that MUST be present on the system (and where to get them, such as
                                           the elderly gnuplot RPM, as you
                                           encountered)
* RPMs that MUST NOT be present on the system (such as php or the newer
                                               gnuplots or ipchains, etc)

In these diagnostic lists, there will be explanatory blurbs about
"why not ipchains?", etc., so as to increase critical understanding.

Regards,
Scott