[LON-CAPA-admin] password authentication failure

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Dec 16 11:08:02 EST 2003

Hi Nathan,

> 	Our LON-CAPA server is up and running and the main page is accessible, but
> I am unable to log in to it either as myself or as domain coordinator.
> There seems to be something wrong with the password authentication; we use
> the internally authenticated regime for passwords (no kerberos or anything
> like that).
> 	Does anybody have a suggestion on how to "reset" the password
> authentication?

I have a guess here as to what the real problem is.

1.0.99.2 can cause loncnew to start spewing into lonc_errors and fill
the harddrive.

do a df on /home

If it is full, stop loncapa the rough way

killall -9 loncnew
killall -9 lond

remove the lonc_errors file

rm /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonc_errors

check that you have space now

df /home

and restart the daemons (I will suggest using the oriinal lonc for now
in 1.0.99.2)

/etc/init.d/loncontrol stop
/etc/init.d/loncontrol startold

--