[LON-CAPA-admin] using random labels on gifs

Craig Harmon charmon at mines.edu
Wed Aug 6 12:35:04 EDT 2003

        Hello,

    We have run into a problem with using random labels on gif images in
course problems. When clicking on the problem hyperlink it brings up
another window with the text in it and the small gif image icon flashes,
then disappears. Occasionally I can log in and browse resources, and if
I check the "show resources" box it will show the gif with the random
labels correctly next to the problem hyperlink. And occasionally if I am
a co-author I can click the problem hyperlink and see the gif with the
random lables. But, it only seems to work the first time after logging
in, and does not seem to work at all for unprivileged users.
    The same course problem seems to work fine on our Debian test box.
I have tried copying to another RH 73 test box and have the same
problems there. It sounds similar to the problem posted earlier with
gnuplot, and I wonder if it has something to do with libgd?
     Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig