[LON-CAPA-admin] installation problems

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Mon Apr 28 15:57:38 EDT 2003

Hi Martin,

> A different issue: after looking once more at the LON-CAPA-systemperl
> package I think it needs a cleanup at least when it comes to version 1.0.
> The libgd stuff has nothing to do with perl and probably should go into
> a LON-CAPA-libgd package. Furthermore, there are quite a few files in
> LON-CAPA-systemperl that are already in standard RH7.3 packages, e.g.,
> perl-HTML-Parser.

While I agree with much of this paragraph I'd just like to chime in
and say that perl-HTML-Parser is a bad exmple because we use a custom
version of it. I got most of the changes we need accepted back into
the mainline version but the is a small patch that we need, otherwise
printing will have more issues.

(The patch is documented in loncapa/doc/otherfiles/perl-modules.txt)

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-1-