[LON-CAPA-admin] Re: [LON-CAPA-users] update

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Tue Jun 11 12:04:48 EDT 2002

Hi Guy,

Does this mean that it is better to do a cvs update instead of using
http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/unstable_latest/loncapa.tar.gz, when
installing the latest unstable version?

Lars.

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> > When updating with loncapa.tar.gz, how do we distinguish between a
> > STABLE update and the latest development update?
>
> >From where you downloaded the loncapa.tar.gz file from.
>
> The 'current' release is always the latest STABLE.
>
> If you grab the file from
>
> http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/unstable_latest/
>
> Then you have something that is ranging on being the latest unstable
> version.
>
> (In the future please direct questions such as these to the
> lon-capa-admin list)
>
> --
> guy at albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
> Guy Albertelli -7-8-4-  O-
>     Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there
>     are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen
Tel: 775.673.7113  FAX: 775.674.7592