[LON-CAPA-admin] htpasswd and the National Science Digital Library

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Dec 23 12:02:40 EST 2002

Hi All,

As some of you know (it will be a topic at our conference), the LON-CAPA
group has a supplemental grant to couple LON-CAPA with the NSF'S
National Science Digital Library, http://www.nsdl.org/ .

Part of that project is to make our cataloging information available to
the NSDL, and with the release 0.6 last week, we have included a very
simple harvesting script.

However, respecting your decision regarding making your catalog
available to the National Science Foundation, we have NOT activated this
script by default.

If you are willing to participate, please on all your library servers,
as root, do a

# mv /home/httpd/lonTabs/htpasswd.lpmlnew /home/httpd/lonTabs/htpasswd

and confirm the "overwrite" question. The script will be active after
the next time you do a

# /etc/init.d/httpd restart

Please also notify me by email that you did so.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

THANKS!!!

- Gerd.