[LON-CAPA-admin] Kernel upgrade: segmentation fault

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Sun Dec 22 14:42:41 EST 2002

Hi Lars,

> Thanks for the answer. If I upgrade, wouldn't it make more sense to
> upgrade to the latest RedHat version?

RH 8.0 installs apache 2.0, loncapa currently does not run in apache
2.0

> And what is involved in the upgrade - is it relatively smooth?

We did 10 upgrades on Friday.

We found that doing a 'install' rather than 'upgrade' was generally
easier, you will need to preserve both /home and the files from /etc.

I also suggest having a good recent backup in case you have any
problems.

--
guy at albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-7-  O-