[LON-CAPA-admin] Problem with Resources Getting Renamed?

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Thu Jan 29 18:40:10 EST 2009

Hi,

On Jan 29, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Todd Ruskell wrote:

> And also, why did it only impact the library server, and not the
> access
> servers.  Shouldn't that be tied to the course, not the servers?

Yes, that is really weird! You had the same course and the same role
on both machines?

One thing that could have an influence here is the cache. To reduce
the number of transactions between servers, LON-CAPA for a limited
time stores such things as associations between internal identifiers
("symbs") and resource URLs and versions. Caches affect all processes
on one server. Looks like we might be writing garbage into those when
it comes to which version of a resource to pull up.

- Gerd.