[LON-CAPA-admin] New server: changing domain name

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Aug 21 19:31:55 EDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

> I have updated our "niedersachsen" server (FC5) to 2.5.0 and changed
> domain name and server name to the new names. Whether the setting
> PRODUCTION nor STAND ALONE allows me to login (internally
> authenticated). I changed the domain name and server name back to the
> old setting and login was possible again.

Data in the system is stored in locations based off the domain value,

If you change the domain, then it cannot find the use account
information (since you created the user stefan:olddomain not
stefan:newdomain)

You'll need to either create a new dc account that belogs to the new
domain.

> At the moment there is only some test content on the server. We can
> start from scratch if necessary.

I'd suggest doing this since all of the old information is useless
then and need to just be removed.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137