[LON-CAPA-admin] LON: oucapa2 searchcat.pl OUp200lib reseval modification error. (fwd)

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Sun Aug 24 14:16:57 EDT 2003

Hi Mark et al.,

 > In the searchcat.txt file I find statements like:
 >
 > Size of 'OUp250lib' old nohist_reseval: 139412 Size of new: 14184.
Not
 > overwriting.

No reason to be alarmed.

This is a debugging message sent by searchcat.pl, which is a script
that has two purposes:

a) it collects metadata-information from all of the files published on
your library server
b) it does consolidation on the dynamic metadata, in particular, the
access statistics

a) works, but b) has a bug as it appears to throw away data every now
and then. The message above is a debugging message which gets sent if
the access statistics data file shrunk more than one could reasonably
expect - in which case the consolidation gets discarded.

We seem to be unable to figure out what's wrong with b), mostly because
most of the time it works fine. In version 1.0.1, we have simply
disabled b) for now.

> -
> /home/httpd/html/res/ohiou/OUp250lib/motion_in_2D/rocket1.problem.meta
> - /homees/ohiou/OUp250lib/motion_in_1D/ceb15dec98.problem.meta
> -
> /home/httpd/html/res/ohiou/es/ohiou/OUp250lib/motion_in_1D/
> ceb15dec98.problem.meta

What's strange with these files, and where are they listed?

- Gerd.