[LON-CAPA-admin] Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Install problems

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Apr 24 14:50:50 EDT 2003

Hi Tim,

Just as a pointer lon-capa-admin should be used for installation
questions

> First, it suggests that we "Consult
> loncapa/doc/otherfiles/perl_modules.txt for information on manual build
> instructions."

Sorry, I need to add it to the tarfile build process.

> So, as a newbie to CVS, how do I actually get to the file
> perl_modules.txt?

Right now you either grab the loncapa-unstable tarfile from
install.loncapa.org, or get a CVS account and do a checkout of loncapa

> STABLE (DETAILED REPORT)
> MISSING  IO-stringy (want distribution version 2.108)

The IO-stringy detection is broken, it looks fro IO::string but really
want IO:Stringy, it is fixed in the current unstable release.

> MISSING  MIME-tools (want distribution version BETA-5.503)
> MISSING  Net-SNPP (want distribution version 1.12)
> MISSING  Math-FFT (want distribution version 0.25)
> MISSING  Net-PH (want distribution version 2.21)
> OUTDATED Crypt-IDEA wanted module: v1.01; found v0 (VERSION_FROM is
> Crypt/IDEA.pm) want dist version 1.01.
> OUTDATED PerlMagick wanted module: v5.47; found v5.43 (VERSION_FROM is
> Image/Magick.pm) want dist version 5.47.

We are in the process of reupdating the expected version numbers and
building a new systemperl, the server should operate fine with these error
messages.

> I have been able to acquire the requested, or newer, versions of all
> modules except MIME-tools,  The latest version on CPAN is 5.411a, and at
> least some google searching only led us to non-functioning links for
> BETA-5.503.

I am not sure what is up with that, I agree that it should be set to
5.411a.

> Undaunted, we tried installing IO-Stringy by hand, following the
> packaged instructions, but when we run TEST, it still shows up as
> missing.

If you want change in
loncapa/loncom/build/system_dependencies/cpan_distributions.txt

the line

IO-stringy 2.108 2.108 IO::stringy(*)

IO-stringy 2.108 2.108 IO::Stringy(*)

--