[thedump] Research Experience for Teachers

Helen Keefe thedump@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:39:54 -0500

Hello,

All of you have contacted me regarding The Research Experience for
Teachers.
Please let me know if you are interested in participating in this
year's RET.

I will need your information by March 5, 2004.

Please email the following information:

1. Brief resume
2. Project description of how you intend to use LON-CAPA in your
classroom, include expected benefits and potential problems
3. One paragraph description of your school/ community demographics
4. Letter from your principal demonstrating support of your
participation in this project (email or letterhead)

Requirements of participants:
Attend training sessions during the summer (2 weeks)
Create and share content with other teachers
Adopt LON-CAPA in your classroom
Present at LON-CAPA Conference and/or other conferences
Participate in research efforts underway at MSU

All training and workshops are on the MSU campus in the North Kedzie
Lab building or close by.  The workshop is usually scheduled in June
right after school lets out for summer.
There is compensation, but it has varied every year.  It depends on how
many teachers are involved each year.  The LON-CAPA Conference is
usually scheduled in late January at a participating institution.  the
grant will pay for your travel and hotel expenses.

Please contact me with your interest.  I will need all documents by
March 5, 2004.

Thanks for your interest!
Helen

Helen Keefe
ITR Project Coordinator
Michigan State University
Laboratory for Instructional Technology in Education
112 North Kedzie Labs
East Lansing, MI  48824
517-432-9867
517-432-5653 (fax)