[LON-CAPA-users] multiple sections for TA, Instructor, etc

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:17:31 -0700

 > Can anyone tell me the proper syntax to enter multiple sections
> > for a TA (et al) when adding such a role to a class?
>
>A specific TA role can only have a single section.
>
>You could give them multiple TA roles each in a different section.

I am giving the TA's a custom role with no section number at all -- in
which case they can view STATS and CHRT for ALL sections. (otherwise each
role can only see its own section).
But watch out for the TA role privileges -- they seem to get too much power
by default... which is a good reason to use a custom role and reduced
privileges.
Maybe even allowing them to view all sections is a bad idea but that's what
I would like them to be able to see here.