[LON-CAPA-users] Remote or not after login?

Michael T Hamlin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:10:17 -0400 (EDT)

> > It seems that many people (around
> > here) have softwares that block pop-up windows.
>
> However, what should occur is that the user logs in, they get a 10
> second pause at the 'Welcome' screen, and then LON-CAPA give up trying
> to launch the remote and goes into inline-menu mode.

but in my experience this is not yet the case.  See bug 1975.

What about all the OTHER pop-ups (help windows, resource browser,
script vars, etc)?
If these are blocked is the server software equally as resilient
(or at least trying to be)?  I haven't tested it, just curious.

michael