[LON-CAPA-users] How to interpret SUBM info?

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:33:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

> Can someone explain to me how to read the data returned by "show
> details" of the SUBM function?
> I'm looking at a radio-button problem, five foils.
> Specifically, under the heading "Part 0.11 Submission", what does
> "foil#=#" mean?
>
> Transaction 1 INCORRECT  foil2=3  INCORRECT    0  incorrect_attempted
> 1  Mon Apr 21 13:43:16 2003

the text 'foil2' is the name given to the specific foil show to the
student. You can give these more informative names if you'd like.

You are correct in assuming that the 3 is location of the foil when
the student selected it. (Counting from 0)

> Transaction 5 EXACT_ANS  foil1=1  EXACT_ANS  1  0  correct_by_student
> 5  Mon Apr 21 13:43:38 2003
>
> would mean: correct foil for student was in 2nd position (=1) and the
> originally coded position of this foil was the second position
> (foil1)...?

Probably, but only because by default the foils are named from the
template as foil1/foil2/foil3 etc

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-1-