[LON-CAPA-users] set maxtries in problem

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 14:52:41 -0700

 Thanks Guy,

> parameters, and metadata changes can take up to 15 minutes to fully
> propagate.
>
> Additionally user level parameters can take up to 30 minutes to
> propagate (or on a relogin)
>
> So yes some things don't take immeadiate effect.

Right. I'm getting a tattoo made of that.

But I guess I still can't get all my individual optionresponse blocks to have
a different maxtries arg  unless I do it all in the perl script?

However, I probably wouldn't use this unless the issues about what overrides
what in PARM allows me use this hard-coded value for selected problems,
WITHOUT having to clear all (presently) overriding parameters in other
resources... if you still get what I mean.

Ray