[LON-CAPA-users] set maxtries in problem

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 22:24:14 -0700

Hi Lars,
          This is getting to me.]

I have a published problem in which I specifiy the responseparam
    <responseparam description="allowed tries" default="3"
type="integer" name="maxtries" />

and it WORKS!! as intended!

On the other hand I have been trying to publish and use a test problem
in which the maxtries is specified in EXACTLY the same way.
And it does NOT work.  The one that works WAS published under 0.6.2
which is what I am still using.
Both problems are optionresponse types.

I think your problem problem should work too.
I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with the
publication step (I just posted an addition to bug report 1356 about
what is happening).

However, I am very tired so maybe it is me.
But your sample won't work for me at this time either.

and I don't know why.

Ray