[LON-CAPA-users] large formulas

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:12:57 -0500 (EST)

WHen I had a calmer moment I found the issue, and I'm still not certain
how to get around it painlessly.

tth likes to put things in tables to help format formulas.

It seems that each individual element (<td></td>) in a table needs the
formating placed within it's confines for things like fonts.
I've run across this in some other situations recently.

This is happening under netscape 4.79 and 7.02 under Unix.

Is this standard HTML behviour? What are the work arounds?

I actually dissected out the tth output, placed the appropriate <font>
statements in, and replaced the <m></m> tag with the modified tth output.

Any advice from our HTML gurus would be graciously welcome 8).

Thanks!
Mark
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:

> large displaystyle formula.
>
> On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 07:40  AM, Mark Lucas wrote:
>

> > When including a formula in an html page in <m> tags,
> >
> > How do you make it large????
> >
> > Any help greatly appreciated!!!!
> > Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701