[LON-CAPA-users] essay questions graded wrong

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:44:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi Lars,

> Essay questions are graded wrong.

I think that the real complaint is you don't like how the default
student GRDS button dsiplay partial correctness.

> I assigned two problems in a set and gave the set weight 5 (from the map
> level in PARM). Each problem had two parts, a  numerical response part
> and an essay response part:
>
> Problem 1:
> 	Part a:	Numerical response	Part b: essay response
>
> and
>
> Problem 2:
> 	Part a:	Numerical response	Part b: essay response
>
> One particular students answered both part a correctly, and received a
> 4/5 and a 3/5 for the two part b's.
>
> When this student checks his grade in GRDS, it is listed as 4/4, which
> to the student looks like a 100 % score. What is going on?

quickgrades currently shows doneness not grades or points.

This student has completed 4 out of 4 problems/parts which is what
quickgrades is showing.

I think that the table header saying 'Correct' and the summary that
says 'Total Parts Correct' Should read 'Done' and 'Total Parts Done'
respectively. I will correct this for the next release.

Any other suggestions on how we might make this distinction clear?

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-4-