[LON-CAPA-users] System Requirements?

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 07:56:48 -0500 (EST)

The route I went was as follows:

4 2650s - all identical except the number and size of disks
(one had 3-73GB disks with a 4th spare)

I got a powervault 112T with a tape drive (okay, could have hung an
external tape, but in the end didn't pay TOO much extra for the 112T).

I run one library server and 2 access servers. The extra 2650 is my spare
and kernel tester currently. The thing I like is that I should be able to
take any one of the 4 boxes, swap disks around, and make it my library
server.

Total cost with rack, KVM switches, monitor, gigabit switch, about 20,000.
I got a pretty good (I think) deal from Dell ordering right at the end of
a quarter.

Mark