[LON-CAPA-users] DOCS - pros and cons?

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:31:37 -0500

Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are the current plans:
>
> * if a course coordinator also is or becomes an author in the system,
> there will be an "archive" functionality for their DOCS. The function
> will dump all of the current course docs into the author's construction
> space. The reason that this is not in place yet is the extra-challenge
> for us that the course's home server might be different from the
> author's home server.

I think this sounds fine except we'd have to put some sort of control
the directory (for example /DOCS inside of the author space).  If
someone already has /DOCS, we'd have to come up with a new scheme, or
more likely, prevent people from creating a directory /DOCS so /DOCS
would be reserved for just the docs back-ups.