[LON-CAPA-users] publishing questions

Travis Souza lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:51:18 -0800

--=_F7A8F4D6.7F1E75AA

>>> korte@lite.msu.edu 01/23/03 11:21AM >>>

Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:

> Travis Souza wrote:
>
> > Is there a way I can force the directories to re-publish
> > using the default.meta?
>
> You can edit the "default.meta" with teh "Directory Catalog
Information"
> button. What you type there applies to the directory and all
subdirs.

... after saving the info, you will need to press "Publish Directory
and Sub
Directories".

Hi Gerd,
I edited the default.meta after I published the first time.  When I
tried to republish the directory it skips all of the files because they
have not changed.  I know that I can fix them individually but there are
quite a few files.  When I republish and individual resource it is
updated with the contents of default.meta.

Thanks.

P.S. I also screwed up after failing to republish and moved some files
around through ssh and messed up the permissions.  I am getting errors
when I try to publish from directories that I modified saying 'no write
pemission to directory'.  It looks like I need to chown the directories
to www:souza as the problem areas seem to be set as souza:souza.  Am I
hosed?

> >  Also when publishing from directories there
> > seems to be no way to limit the scope of the resources to domain
only.

> In "Directory Catalog Information", type the word "domain" under
> "copyright".

Again, make sure to re-publish.

Travis Souza, Coordinator
Instructional Center for Innovation
Truckee Meadows Community College
775-674-7505
tsouza@tmcc.edu

--=_F7A8F4D6.7F1E75AA

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4922.900" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; korte@lite.msu.edu 01/23/03 11:21AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR><BR><BR>Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
Travis Souza wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Is there a way I can force the
directories to re-publish<BR>&gt; &gt; using the default.meta?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
You can edit the "default.meta" with teh "Directory Catalog Information"<BR>&gt;
button. What you type there applies to the directory and all subdirs.<BR><BR>...
after saving the info, you will need to press "Publish Directory and
Sub<BR>Directories".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hi Gerd,</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I edited the default.meta after I published the first
time.&nbsp; When I tried to republish the directory it skips all of the files
because they have not changed.&nbsp; I know that I can fix them individually but
there are quite a few files.&nbsp; When I republish and individual resource it
is updated with the contents of default.meta.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>P.S. I also screwed up after failing to republish&nbsp;and
moved some files around through ssh and messed up the permissions.&nbsp; I am
getting errors when I try to publish from directories that I modified saying 'no
write pemission to directory'.&nbsp; It looks like I need to chown the
directories to www:souza as the problem areas seem to be set as
souza:souza.&nbsp; Am I hosed?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&nbsp; Also when publishing from
directories there<BR>&gt; &gt; seems to be no way to limit the scope of the
resources to domain only.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; In "Directory Catalog Information",
type the word "domain" under<BR>&gt; "copyright".<BR><BR>Again, make sure to