[LON-CAPA-users] meta data and group publish

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 06:17:24 -0500

Lars Jensen wrote:
> When I do a group publish, I don't get asked for meta data. Should this
> really be so. This means that resources can be published without any
> metadata at all. This will presumably make the resources  hard to find
> with Search, won't it? Is this a bug?

I don't think it is a bug.  You can make a file called default.meta in
your folder with some basic information and all of the resources that
get published with Group publish will have that meta data associated
with it.  I'd suggest entering an enhancement request to bugzilla for
"set default publish info for this directory" button.  In the meantime,
you can just copy any .meta file to default.meta and edit it to reflect
the data in your directory.