[LON-CAPA-users] Clean HTML

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:21:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guy,

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> > Is clicking the "Save and then attempt to clean HTML" button equivalent
> > to running tidy on the file?
>
> Kinda, it curetly uses HTML::TreeBuilder but it attempts to do the
> same thing.
>
> I would like to convert us to using tidy on the file ...

Yes, tidy works *great* - I have yet to find an error in converting
html pages to xhtml. I have converted pages with tidy that have 20-30
"bad" html lines wheb viewed in lon-capa. The conversion is flawless,
with no errors reported by lon-capa after the conversion. The only
thing I need to do before the conversion is to delete the allow tags.

-Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen