[LON-CAPA-users] xhtml --> latex translation issues

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:32:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guy,

Here is another translation issue I noticed:

<ol type="A"> and <ol type="a"> both translates into the latex enumerate
environment, i.e. the latex environment uses arabic numerals to list the
items , not upper case or lower case, respectively, as it should. This
is a problem when making reference to list items.

Above is an example of the reason why I first thought that might be
better to write problems in latex and then translate then to
xhtml for the web, rather than the "official recommendation"
which is the other way around. TtH is so complete in its translation
that almost nothing is lost in the latex -> html translation.
It seems like the xhtml -> latex is much more incomplete, even at the
basic level. This makes it hard to write problems because if I want to
follow the "official recommendation", then I need to know in advance what
xhtml to avoid because it doesn't translate nicely to latex.

Is there any documentation about what xhtml code translates "nicely"
into latex, and what xhtml code translation is not supported?

Lars.