[LON-CAPA-users] no feedback mode?

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:36:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi Lars,

> > > I want the instructor to do the grading. Basically I'm thinking about a
> > > situation where a student needs to submit an essay, but also have to
> > > submit a few other pieces of (numerical) information/response. I'd like to be
> > > able to use loncapa as a "form" where the student submits the essay, and
> > > the extra pieces of numerical response in author-defined slots/windows.
> > > This way the student answers could be presented to the instructor in an
> > > orderly fashion.
> >
> > SHould work now, you need to set the parameter 'handgrade' to yes for
> >  all responses that you want to have this.
> >
> > Mostlikely you will need to inster a <responseparam> with
> >  name="handgrade" and default="yes" for each numericalresponse you
> >  want to be handgraded.
> >

> I tried this, and didn't notice any difference from a numericalresponse
> when I entered the answer. I got the same feedback. Do I leave the
> answer= attribute out? How does the system know not to provide feedback
> to the student? It doesn't, right? This is the feature that is not yet
> implemented?

The system should know not to provided feedback since the handgrade
attribute is set.

It currently doesn't handle this correctly.

However you should be able to go to the GRD page and handgrade this
problem, even though the system already had assigned a grade to the
student.

--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-7-  O-