[LON-CAPA-users] Exams with lon-capa

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:39:13 -0700

Hi Guy,

Guy Albertelli II wrote:

>>The question is how best to assure that no students logs in from outside
>>the exam room, like from home, and takes the exam from there. Does
>>lon-capa have some feature to prevent this, or is it planned?
>>

>The parameter:
>Client IP/Name Access Control (acc)
>
>Is supposed to implment this. I don't believe it has any effect
>currently.
>
>But it should eventually allow you to specify an IP address or a group
>of IP addresses that are the only machines allowed to access this
>resource.

This would be a very cumbersome solution for most situations. In general
i wouldn't know what the exact IP's my students would have. and
wildcards would be out of the questions because the general access labs
here have IP's very similar to those of the classrooms. A better
solution would be the one I outlined, with a password released at the
time of the exam.

Lars.