[LON-CAPA-users] Unreduced answers in Numerical Response

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ray,

The default doesn't mean that an expression *must* be entered, a single
number certainly would be accepted - it only means that a whoile range
of expressions also would be allowed. For example if the answer to a
college level chemistry problem is equivalent to the length of a 15
degree arc of a circle of radius 3^(1/2) m, the following answers should be
both accepted:

2*pi*sqrt(3)*15/360 m
0.45345 m

Don't you agree?

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen