[LON-CAPA-users] .page, .problem, etc

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:30:53 -0400

Hi Lars,

> 1) Is there any place where I can find documentation about the various
>    kind of resourses an author can create

I emailed you an author manual.  You can also see the information in the
demo course located in /res/msu/demo/demo.sequence

> 2) What is the definition of a .page

A map on one page where a sequence is a map with each resource on it's
own "page".

> 3) What is the best way of making an on-line quiz? As individual
>    problems collected in a .sequence file, or what?

.sequence

Don't use pages unless you limit them to 2-4 problems.  Currently, the
feature to allow an open date and due date with one-hour duration like
CAPA had is not implemented yet.

> 4) What is the best way of giving a proctored test with lon-capa?

The scantron sheet ability is not in the system yet.  You might be able
to do a quiz in a computer lab.  If you are considering doing something
like this, please send either Guy or myself an email about this.  We've
had the opportunity this semester to test the load limit of lon-capa.
With only one server like TMCC, this limit will be smaller than what we had.

Felicia
--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator