[LON-CAPA-users] File permissions

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:25:33 -0400

Lars Jensen wrote:
> Why is it that if I create a (still unpunblished) problem with the
> web interface, I can't later login to shell and change the problem
> with an editor. In other words, why is there no group write
> permission to the proble. As it is, the problem has the following
> attributes:
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 www      jensen       1719 Oct  1 23:52 ur_stt_2_1.problem
>
> Why doesn't lon-capa set the peermissions toL
>
> -rw-rw-r--    1 www      jensen       1719 Oct  1 23:52 ur_stt_2_1.problem
>
> Could we change that?

If you used Samba in the past, the permissions on the directory would
change.  I believe Scott fixed this in the later versions.  I also
remember stuff about not supporting Samba....  Any way, if you used
Samba, this might have caused the problem and hopefully it will work
better now.  If you've never used Samba, I'll leave this question for
others to answer.