[LON-CAPA-users] CAPA problem solved (fwd)

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:03:17 -0400 (EDT)

Just a little tidbit that might help debug some student systems.
Her university webmail was also choking on it.

The technical information may not be right, but it gives us something else
to think about.

					Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:40:47 -0400
From: sf248999@ohio.edu
To: lucasm@ohio.edu
Subject: CAPA problem solved

Mark,
I called you Thursday afternoon because I couldn't get onto the CAPA
website on my personnal computer but was able to gain acces through my
housemate's computer and we couldn't pin point the problem. With some
time spent on hold with CNS and trial error the problem is fixed.
There is nothing wrong with the CAPA systm. The problem comes from a
program called " common name" which is downloaded with the IMESH music
program, it is a program that inables their company to view non-secure
sites visited by the computer user like myself, with all OU websites
including CAPA there is a firewall protection so this is what was
causing the miscommunication between websites. Hopefully this
discovery will help you in the future. Thank you for all your patients
and help with this problem. Have a good evening.
Stefanie Folino