[LON-CAPA-users] giancoli proiblems?

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:05:11 -0400

Lars Jensen wrote:

> I understand the presence of the copyright issue when dealing with
> private publishers. As it happens, though, we use Giancoli both for the
> algebra based and the calculus based physics courses at TMCC.

Good point! So, I guess "domain only" will not work in this situation, since there
might be several domains that would have legitimate access to the resources.

In the last two weeks, four major publishers contacted us regarding translation of
CAPA problems into LON-CAPA and/or creation of new LON-CAPA problem libraries for new
books. Due to the workshops, we were too busy to give them any kind of exhaustive
reply.

Obviously, we need to attend to this matter asap. Any input on how we should
negotiate regarding:

* translation of problems
* coding of new problems
* access to the problem libraries (domains, access software keys, ...?)
* location of the server (at institution or at publisher)

etc would be appreciated.

- Gerd.