[LON-CAPA-users] Files needed for gnuplot problems

Fri, 31 May 2002 17:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> What (system) files do I needed to use gnuplot problems?

It is suggested to have gnuplot-3.7.1-5 and libgd-1.3-4

(gd-* can coexist with libgd-1.3)

The only gnuplot static image driver with a good set of options is the
gif one, and libgd stopped supporting gif output around version 1.3

We are looking at moving to grace, and watching the PNG driver in
gnuplot to get good agian, until then we are planning on sticking to
these versions.

> Is the gnuplot feature  available on the stable release version?

yes.

--
albertel@msu.edu        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-4-  O-